Friday 28 February 2014

The 2nd Editing

In this double lesson we continued editing and doing all of our other shots, since the last lesson Hayley had added some more of the shots to the rough cut in her free lessons also when I was with her for an hour she changed the speed of some of the clips. The first example of this was with when I bump into her on the main concourse me and Hayley changed the speed of the shot to 15% so that it has a slow motion effect and now you can really notice when they first see each over and makes this part of the title sequence stand out from the rest. Hayley also changed the speed of the traffic shots up to 600% so that they have a fast motion affect and shows time passing also I think it gives a cool feel to the title sequence showing off London's busy streets in a different way to what they are normally looked at in.

We started by looking at the changes Hayley had made to the title sequence, we discussed what else we needed to do and went straight back to where we left off, Hayley carried on cutting the clips and finishing off the rough cut, I went straight back to finding some music for the title sequence, I was able to refine the search so that only happy and cheerful music came up in my search which we need as it is a convention for a rom-com. After looking through lots of the copyright free music I wrote down the ones I feel would best suit the title sequence so that I had a short-list of songs, Hayley was going to use the short-list to see which sounded best with the rough cut we already had, after finding all the main music that we needed I then focused on some of the sound effects that we would need like a heart beat for the bit after the accident also the sound of the a clock tower for Big Ben and the last sound that we would need is the sound of the car/bus skidding and then hitting me. Laxmi was still looking at the best titles to use she started to create a question with lots of different fonts for the title and you tick the one you like best these will probably be given to our class mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment